How to Celebrate National Pet Wellness Month
Did you know that dogs and cats age 5 to 7 times faster than people? By the age of 2, most pets have already reached adulthood. We all want our pets to live long, healthy lives, which is why it’s important for pet owners to regularly evaluate their pet’s overall health and well-being. And what better time to start than now? Especially since October is National Pet Wellness Month!
In celebration of National Pet Wellness Month, we’ve put together a few tips for how you can celebrate with your furry friend and our top 5 picks for promoting pet wellness!
How to Celebrate
- Take your pet to the vet! Although your pet probably won’t celebrate a vet visit, annual checkups are so important. Routine checkups and veterinary care are crucial for protecting your pet from preventable illnesses and detecting diseases early. Your vet will also make sure your pet is up to date on shots. The American Veterinary Medical Association encourages regular wellness exams every 6 months.
- Don’t forget about those pearly whites! Regular dental cleanings can help prevent periodontal disease by removing plaque and calculus. Pet dental health is directly linked to many other diseases and complications, so proper dental care is vital for maintaining overall health.
- Take steps to manage your pet’s weight. According to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, 59.5% of cats and 55.8% of dogs in the United States are classified as overweight or obese. Excess weight can be very hard on your pet’s body, and it can lead to a variety of health issues. You can help manage your pet’s weight by making sure he is eating a healthy diet and getting plenty of exercise.
- Remember parasite prevention! When it comes to fleas, ticks, heartworms, and other pests, prevention is key. Keep your pet healthy and happy by taking preventive steps against pests.
- And our last tip for celebrating National Pet Wellness Month? Play and interact with your furry friend on a daily basis. Playing with your pet is important for their physical, emotional, and mental health. And it’s good for you too!
Our Top 5 Picks for Pet Wellness
At Thomas Labs®, our goal is to improve the lives of pets. We offer high-quality products and innovative solutions to improve the health and well-being of pets. Here are our top 5 picks for improving pet wellness!
- Advanced Daily Vitamin: Essential vitamins and minerals are important for overall health. Advanced Daily Vitamin is a multivitamin for dogs that contains antioxidants and 18 essential vitamins and minerals. It is easy-to-digest, and best of all? It contains the necessary nutrients to supplement your dog’s daily diet and fill any nutritional gaps. Plus, this formula helps maintain the health of the immune system, eyes, and brain.
- Total Digest: Digestion and gut health are so important! Proper digestion helps break down food into nutrients, which can then be used by the body for growth, energy, and cell repair. Total Digest is a digestive enzyme supplement that supports digestion, nutrient absorption, and overall health. It helps pets use the full potential of nutrients found in their food, which helps support the immune system, the skin and coat, and energy levels.
- HydrADE: You may have heard about the importance of electrolytes and their role in the body. An imbalance of electrolytes in the body can disrupt the function of the body’s organs and systems. And we all know that dehydration can cause serious issues in pets. HydrADE is an electrolyte supplement that helps maintain positive fluid levels during times of dehydration. It’s a must for pets that have a case of diarrhea/vomiting or participate in intense activity.
- C Bright: Vision has a significant impact on a pet’s quality of life. You can help protect your pet’s quality of life by taking care of your pet’s vision. C Bright contains vitamin C to help maintain and support normal visual function, promote long-term ocular health, and support capillary health in the eye.
- MicoChlor Plus Flush: Cleaning your pet’s ears is important for preventing ear infections and other ear problems. MicoChlor Plus Medicated Flush helps prevent the growth of microorganisms in your pet’s ears. It helps remove debris and excessive wax from the ears and dries the ear canal to help prevent the growth of bacteria.
How will you celebrate National Pet Wellness Month? We hope both you and your pet have a great time celebrating!
SUBSCRIBE to our pet lovin’ blog!